Sunday, October 23, 2022

@check.mate.project

Here's the scoop about Maarten Vanden Eynde Check Mate Project  
We contributed nurdles in 2021 and again in 2022. 
Happy to be a very small part of such an ambitious project.



9/26/22 from Maarten Vanden Eynde 

Here’s Maarten, the visual artist working in Belgium. I contacted you previously about my participative installation Check Mate, the gigantic chessboard, for which you generously donated nurdles.

The project is starting round#2, and I'm once again trying to gather support! I was wondering if you continued collecting nurdles since last time we spoke, and if you’d agree to give some to the project once more. In June 2023, Check Mate will be exhibited again in a major venue, and I’d like to draw people’s attention to the problem of plastic pollution. This time, I’m going for the 20th square of the chessboard, for which I need a total amount of 524,288 nurdles, so all the help I receive is hugely appreciated :) There is no obligation and no rush, but please, don't hesitate to come back to me if you're interested!



July 30, 2021



*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*